Members of the Heber-Overgaard Fire District Board
The Heber-Overgaard Fire District Board is a five-person board where each member serves in four-year terms. The residents of our area elect them. Their non-compensated position requires a lot of their time and dedication. We appreciate all they do for the district and the community. The Board normally meets on the fourth Tuesday of each month at 18:00. These dates can be changed for holidays or other conflicting reasons. The Board may also hold additional meeting during the month if they feel it is needed. An example of this would be when working on the budget for the following year. These meetings will be posted at each Post Office and the fire station 24 hours in advance. The responsibilities of the Board are the following.
1. Establish the budget for the year.
2. Hold public meetings at least once a month.
3. Set employee salaries.
4. Require all employee's to the district (full time or part time) to have a complete background check.
5. Select a Fire Chief.
6. Adopt, Amend, or Revise the Fire Code for the District with approval of the State Fire Marshal's Office.
7. Have an annual audit of district books.